Job title: Account Executive
Reports to: Executive Director/Director
Regulatory Regime SMCR: Conduct Individual
To provide a complete professional insurance advice and service to Corporate and Commercial Clients including New Business Development.
To provide the highest standards of customer care, service and client retention while working towards business growth and common business goals whilst maintaining regulatory compliance at all times.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide complete professional insurance advice and service to existing book of clients.
- Identify, develop and manage Corporate and large Commercial prospects to achieve agreed individual and team targets and win profitable new business clients.
- Sell Digney Grant’s valued added products & services including PCL, risk management services.
- Support the company’s development plans for retention and growth of income.
- Develop presence within the local business community to effectively represent Digney Grant
- Ensure clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
- Advise clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks.
- Ensuring the adherence to New Business and Renewal timeline procedure.
- Manage debt collection for own client book and designated areas of responsibility.
- Ensure highest standards of customer care, service and client retention.
- Provide less experienced staff with support (i.e. technical and underwriting expertise) as and when required.
- Work closely with Account Handlers, Corporate Brokers and Senior Brokers to arrange insurance.
- Respond to and handle complaints in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with FCA and internal requirements.
- Produce MI reports and communicate information to Senior Manager(s) to ensure they are provided with the necessary information to facilitate and carry out their role.
- Maintain the company’s good standing and ethos by providing the highest level of professional advice and service, acting professionally and ethically at all times
- Develop and maintain networks/formal channels within and outside the Company to gain information and develop own breadth of awareness and understanding.
- Provide Senior Managers with support as and when required.
- Create and update both computer and paper-based records.
- Carry out periodical reviews on systems and processes currently in place within own areas of responsibility to improve efficiency going forward.
- Keep abreast of and assess the impact of external (such as legal and regulatory) changes as they relate to the role.
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as the Board may request from time to time.
Key experience, knowledge and skill requirements
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Account Executive or similar role
- Proven track record of delivering high levels of customer service
- Computer literate, with knowledge of insurance systems
- Experience in a broking environment
- Full clean driving licence
- Professional qualification – be in possession of or working towards professional qualifications
- Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Strong trading skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong negotiating skills
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV.