Hospitality Insurance

Take care of your customers and let us take care of you


Whether you’re a hotel, bar, restaurant or cafe, Digney Grant offers the full range of insurance for hospitality businesses. 

Our specialist in-house team have been supporting businesses like yours for over 40 years and we have a deep understanding of this challenging insurance sector. 

Our exclusive panel of insurers, combined with our expert advice, in-house risk management consultancy and claims handling support creates a bespoke insurance and risk package for your hospitality business..,

Get in touch today…

What is hospitality insurance?

Hospitality Insurance refers to a wide range of insurance solutions for companies involved in the travel, tourism or food and beverage industries. 

Typically a package of hospitality insurance will involve some combination of the following types of coverage:

  • Public liability insurance
  • Employer’s liability
  • Property Insurance
  • Plant and machinery insurance
  • Commercial vehicles insurance

Who needs hospitality insurance?

All types of bar, restaurant or accommodation business will require some form of insurance from AirBnB owners to international restaurant chains. 

Anybody involved in welcoming the public onto their premises for accommodation, entertainment or refreshment is open to being claimed against if the guests (or employees) suffer harm, loss or injury. 

Hospitality is unfortunately a highly litigious sector and the likelihood of experiencing a claim from a customer is high. Working with the right insurance partner can make all the difference to reducing your risk, controlling your costs and protecting the future of your business.

What does hospitality insurance cover? 

As an employer, you must have employer’s liability insurance to cover the risk which may arise from injury in the workplace. There are very few employers in the UK who are exempt from this legal requirement. 

As a public-facing business, you remain liable for loss, harm or damage suffered by any member of the public, a supplier or any other person on your premises or even when not on your premises if your negligence causes them some form of loss. 

Most hospitality business owners will be well-versed in reducing risks such as slips and falls. However, other less foreseeable losses can also be mitigated with proper insurance:

  • Accidents involving your commercial vehicles
  • Customer data breaches or e-marketing errors
  • Business interruption due to fire, flood or other natural disasters
  • Non-payment of invoices due to client insolvency
  • Employee disputes and tribunals

Why choose Digney Grant for your hospitality insurance?

A Trusted Partner

Digney Grant has served hospitality businesses in Northern Ireland for over 40 years and is part of ABL Group, Northern Ireland’s largest commercial insurance broker and risk management advisory. As a group, we are proud to call some of the country’s best-known brands, biggest companies and most respected institutions our clients and partners. 

Local Knowledge - National Buying Power

As a company native to Northern Ireland, we have detailed knowledge of the sometimes complex regulatory framework faced by hospitality businesses here and have detailed experience of cross-border claims which are a significant risk for local companies.

Digney Grant is a part of Brown & Brown, Inc., a leading global insurance broking group, giving us access to a range of insurance products unavailable to many of our local competitors. 

An integrated solution

An important aspect of hospitality insurance is your risk management and mitigation strategies. As an insurance broker with an in-house risk management team, we will work with you to help you identify, understand and mitigate the unique risks your business faces and design an insurance policy that will cover the rest. 

Whatever your business is, we’ll take care of it. 

Get in touch

Fill out the form or call our Hospitality Insurance experts to find out how we can protect the future of your business.

T: 028 3026 7017

Hospitality Insurance Enquiry